Certification and Training Resources
At Dean's Professional Services, we believe in providing our applicants and employees with the resources necessary to continue their food and beverage education with certification and higher education options.
TABC Certification - STARTING AT $15!
About the SellerServer.com Texas TABC Online Course
Your online Texas TABC Seller Server course is approved by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission, and instructs you in all of the Texas regulations and procedures you need to know before you sell and serve alcohol to the public. Through an easy, self-paced multimedia course, you’ll learn essential serving techniques and important safety skills like these:
- How to properly check IDs
- How to spot fake IDs
- How to determine levels of intoxication
- Intervention techniques
Other TABC Certification Websites:
ServSafe Food Handler Certification
The ServSafe Texas Starters Online Course is accredited by the Texas Department of State Health Services. This program is accepted in all Texas jurisdictions.
ServSafe Certification Course and Exam Covers five key areas:
- Basic Food Safety
- Personal Hygiene
- Cross-Contamination & Allergens
- Time and Temperature
- Cleaning and Sanitation
- Length: Approximately 60 to 90 minutes.
- Content: The five sections are Basic Food Safety, Personal Hygiene, Cross-contamination and Allergens, Time and Temperature, and Cleaning and Sanitation. You must complete these sections before the assessment is available. There is an optional "Job Specific" section that your manager may want you to complete. Please ask your manager before taking the assessment.
- Length: The assessment is a 40-question, non-proctored test. It has no time limit.
- Passing Grade: Students must achieve at least a 75%* score to receive the ServSafe Food Handler Certificate of Achievement. You make take the assessment as many times as necessary until you pass the assessment or the course expires. Once you pass the assessment, both the course and assessment will close.
- Certificate: A certificate is available online upon successfully passing the assessment.
For more information, click here.
Top Hospitality Programs In Texas
A degree in hospitality management opens up hundreds of potential careers for a student. There are hospitality careers in food service, hotel management, catering, and tourism. During their time working on a hospitality management degree, students will have a chance to learn about these and other careers in the hospitality field.
There are 21 accredited Hospitality Programs in Texas.
- Austin Community College - Austin, Texas
- Central Texas College - Killeen, Texas
- Collin County Community College - McKinney, Texas
- Del Mar College - Corpus Christi, Texas
- Houston Community College - Houston, Texas
- Lamar University - Beaumont, Texas
- Lone Star College System - The Woodlands, Texas
- North Lake College - Irving, Texas
- Northwood University - Cedar Hill, Texas
- Stephen F Austin State University - Nacogdoches, Texas
- Tarrant County College District - Fort Worth, Texas
- St. Phillips College - San Antonio, Texas
- Texas A&M International University - Laredo, Texas
- Texas A&M University - College Station, Texas
- Texas Tech University - Lubbock, Texas
- University of Dallas - Irving, Texas
- University of Houston - Houston, Texas
- University of North Texas - Denton, Texas
- University of Texas - San Antonio, Texas
- Westwood College - Dallas, Texas
- Westwood College - Fort Worth, Texas
- Wiley College - Marshall, Texas